The Hario V60 is a drip-method brewing cone with a handle (available in ceramic and hard plastic) that provides excellent functionality for brewing single or multiple cups. The Hario Range Server, an optional service vessel fitted to the V60, is also available. The V60 is portable, economical over the short and long term, and made of the highest quality materials.
Hario V60 Brew Guide
WATER COFFEE PRE-INFUSION
370g 24g 50g
- Place a V-60 filter into a V-60 brew cone. Place the cone onto a Range Server (or alternative vessel). Pre-rinse the filter with hot water. This step helps to pre-heat the brewer cone, diminish the “papery” taste imparted by the filter, and ensures an even extraction. Discard the rinse water from the Range Server.
- Place the cone and Range Server (i.e., the brew setup) on a scale and tare the scale to zero.
- Weigh out 24g of whole bean coffee and grind it for a cone drip filter. This corresponds to a sand-like, medium-fine ground.
- Place the ground coffee into the brew setup on the scale and tare the scale to zero.
- Fill the pouring kettle with 210°F water and begin pre-infusing the grounds. Start a timer and carefully pour 50g of water over the grounds, ensuring that all of the grounds are saturated.
- After 1 minute has elapsed on the timer, continue adding water until the scale reads 370g. Pour in a slow steady stream in approximately 1-inch counter clockwise circles. You may need to stop pouring momentarily to allow some of the water to drain through the filter before adding more water. Try to keep the slurry about ¾-inch from the top of the cone. This step should take between 1-1:30 minutes or until the timer reads 2:00-2:30.
The total brew time should last between 3-3:30 minutes.