Easy pink Valentine’s Day latte
Pink Valentine’s Day lattes are popular at cafes in February, but do you know what makes them so brightly colored? It’s usually beetroot (yes, the vegetable) and the recipe is actually pretty simple and healthy!
Here’s a standard recipe with beetroot, which not only makes for a cute and heartfelt gift for your loved ones, but is also a superfood that’s great for their heart!
It’s easy to pre-mix the dry ingredients for later use, and even layer them in a jar with a bow for a nice little gift…perhaps along with some Groundwork beans!
You may be able to buy the exact quantities of beetroot and rose petals in the bulk section at your local grocery store (such as re_ grocery for my fellow Los Angelenos).
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 2 shots of espresso or ½ cup of strongly brewed coffee (I suggest a fruity medium roast)
- 2 tsp beetroot powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (try using your homemade vanilla extract!)
- ~2 tsp rose petals
- Whisk or fork
- Measuring spoons
- Brew coffee or pull an espresso shot
- Whisk dry ingredients into hot coffee
- Mix in sweetener and vanilla
- Steam or heat the milk
- Try your best at a latte art heart
- Sip your latte with your loved one <3